Warm-up: 1:00 PM
Meet starts at 2:00 PM
Sanctioned by PNA for USMS Inc. #364-S005
LOCATION: Juanita Aquatic Center, @ Juanita HS, 10601 NE 132nd St. Kirkland, WA 98034
FACILITY: 25 yard pool, 6 lanes, separate warm-up area. Temp 82°F The length of the competition course is in compliance and on file with USMS in accordance with articles 105.1.7 and 107.2.1, but as a bulkhead course, is subject to length confirmation. Eligibility of times for USMS Top 10 and Records will be contingent on verification of bulkhead placement.
RULES: Current USMS rules will govern the meet.
- Short pentathlon events include 50 fly, 50 back, 50 breast, 50 free & 100 IM (marked * below).
- Medium Pentathlon events include 100’s of each stroke & 200 IM (marked ** below).
- Long Pentathlon events include 200’s of each stroke & 400 IM (marked *** below).
- Individual Event DQs:
- DQs in individual events will normally not disqualify a swimmer from the pentathlon.
- An additional 10 seconds will be added to the swimmer’s time for each 50 yards of the race and that time will be used in the pentathlon portion of the meet.
- The meet referee may suspend this at his/her discretion if it is believed the swimmer did not attempt the proper stroke
- • A time penalty of 10 seconds per 50y of race length will be added to the finish time for any race in which a swimmer is DQed.
- The time from a race in which the swimmer was DQed will still be recorded as a DQ in official meet results
- Swimmers do not have to participate in the pentathlon to compete in the meet.
- Swimmers may register for a maximum of any 5 events, but must register for corresponding events to participate in the pentathlon.
ELIGIBILITY: Open to all USMS and FINA 2014 registered swimmers, 18 and above as of March 29, 2014. Bring a copy of your Masters registration card if you are not a USMS member.
ENTRIES: Swimmers may enter up to 5 individual events. Entries must be postmarked by Friday March 21st, or completed online by 11:59 PM (Pacific) Wednesday, March 26th. Click here to register online and for additional information.
|1 200 Fly***
2 100 Fly**
3 50 Fly*
4 200 Back***
5 100 Back**
6 50 Back*
–10 Minute Break–
|7 200 Breast***
8 100 Breast**
9 50 Breast*
10 200 Free***
11 100 Free**
12 50 Free*
–10 Minute Break–
|13 400 IM***
14 200 IM**
15 100 IM*
The event-specific fee increase was postponed until this Thursday. Swimming, synchronized swimming and water polo participants who register before Thursday will save $10 on your AQUATICS fee. Click here.
General Registration is US$195. Use discount code: WATERNEWS when you register before Thursday and pay only $165 for general registration.
Montreal, QC, Canada
June 21-22, 2014
Montréal ACC is proud to invite you to our outdoor tournament. The competition will be held at the spectacular “Complexe Aquatique du Parc Jean Drapeau”, site of the 2005 FINA competitions, and 2014 Masters. This year, the games will take place in the 50 meter basin, allowing for simultaneous side-by-side games, and 2 divisions (competitive and recreational).
The Complexe Aquatique is situated on beautiful Ste-Hélène Island, across the downtown skyline. It is accessible by bike, car or the Jean-Drapeau metro station.
On Ste-Hélène island you will also find:
- Six Flag’s La Ronde amusement park
- Sunday outdoor T-dance: PikNik ElectroniK
- The Montreal Casino
- The Formula 1 Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve
- The Biosphere: a museum in USA’s Expo 67 pavilion
- The Stewart historical museum.
The island has its own subway stop, 10 minutes from downtown and the gay village.
Come and experience Montreal’s unique gay village: 15 blocks of pedestrian-only street filled with patios, shops, bars and yes, strip joints!
Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org
One reserved team will be for mixed “orphan” players from IGLA teams.
Fee: $650 per team or $50 per single player
November is almost here, so that means it is time for the Coupe de Montreal.
This year A Contre Courant of Montreal is hosting a very special Coupe, we are celebrating the 20th edition.
The meet will take place on 23/24 November 2013 at the Centre sportif Claude-Robillard,1000 Émile-Journault Avenue, Montreal, Quebec Canada.
A Contre Courant will be hosting a fabulously fun party and dinner on the Saturday night.
Hope to see a big delegation from other IGLA teams .
If you have any questions, drop a note to email@example.com or visit the website www.acontrecourant.qc.ca/en/coupe
We will be so excited to see you!
With the happy memories of Seattle behind us, this week our new IGLA board of directors convened for our first meeting – progressing much of the work already underway and planning for the years ahead.
Details of who is on the board can be found on the IGLA Website: http://www.igla.org/about-igla/igla-board/
The key changes that were confirmed at our Seattle Annual General Meeting are the addition of Damien Strogen (Team Auckland) and Bobby Ryan (Philadelphia FINS) who join the board as the new co-chairs.
We have an exciting year ahead of us. Here is a quick summary:
2018 Gay Games
- The site selection will be completed in early October.
- The decision is between Limerick, London, and Paris.
- IGLA is represented in this final stage by Charlie Carson and Ken Heard who will attend the final presentations on our behalf and discuss their proposed voting with the IGLA board ahead of the final vote.
- No doubt you will first hear the result via the FGG (Federation of Gay Games) and online news sources, but we will issue a formal communication following the selection to confirm the outcome of this closely contested process.
2014 Gay Games
- As is normal during a Gay Games year, the annual IGLA championship are combined with the Gay Games and the IGLA Board is working closely with the organisers in Cleveland to ensure that this is a successful and exciting event.
- Charlie Carson and Ken Heard (as our FGG delegates) are our main point of contact with the Cleveland team.
2015 IGLA Championships
- We are working through discussions with a number of potential hosts for our IGLA Championships in 2015.
- There are some great cities interested in holding the event and we hope to have some more detailed updates for you in the next few weeks.
Membership & Outreach
- The strength of IGLA is in our member clubs. We rely on you to motivate your individual team mates, encourage them to get involved in promoting your teams and IGLA, and to attend our member club meets and annual championships.
- We have some exciting initiatives in the planning stage to expand our network to attract new members to our IGLA family both established areas and new parts of the globe, particularly Asia and Latin America. If you have contacts who may be interested in forming a new team and need guidance, or if this is an initiative in which you’d like to be involved, please get in touch with the Board.
A lot to look forward to – we’ll see you in the water!
Scott and Gareth
IGLA Co-Presidents 2013/2014
The District of Columbia Aquatics Club and Washington Wetskins would like to invite you to participate in a weekend of swimming, waterpolo and fun in our Nation’s Capital.
The Annual Columbus Day Classic swim competition will take place on Saturday, October 12th at the newly renovated Woodrow Wilson Aquatic Center. This is one of DC’s premier indoor aquatic facilities and is conveniently located one block from the Tenleytown-AU Metro Station’s Red Line.
The swim competition will take place in short course yards, with separate lanes available for warm up and warm down. Warm ups will take place from 9:00am to 9:50am and the meet will start promptly at 10:00am. Competitors may enter up to four individual events for a $30 flat fee and relays (men, women & mixed) will be offered (at no cost).
The online entry deadline closes on Wednesday, October 9th. The 500 free is limited to the first 32 entries received and we anticipate the registration for this event to be full within the first two weeks of registration, so we recommend signing up soon. Scoring will be calculated and awards given to “large” and “small” team division winners.
Register today at https://www.clubassistant.com/club/meet_information.cfm?c=1306&smid=4920
Social events will take place throughout the weekend, including a Welcome Party on Friday, October 11th and an evening celebration after the competition on Saturday, October 12th. Hosted housing will be available, so please visit http://www.swimdcac.org/meet.php or our Facebook Event page at https://www.facebook.com/events/515669198526520/ for further information about housing and the social events.
Additional information about the waterpolo competition, taking place on Saturday, October 12th and 13th, can be found at http://www.wetskins.org/w/page.cfm?pagetitle=Events. For those interested in participating in both the swimming and waterpolo competition, we will make every effort to accomodate your schedule.
We look forward to hosting a great competition and hope you can join us!
DCAC & Wetskins
Click on the banner below for video of the 2013 IGLA Championships. All competition footage is available now on demand.