IGLA is the world’s foremost international organization solely devoted to developing and promoting gay and lesbian swimming, water polo, diving, and synchronized swimming.
Our mission is to promote participation in aquatic sports among lesbians and gay men and friends of our community, and to ensure maintenance of the highest standards for aquatic competitions and international standards for all Gay Games and IGLA Championships.
Come on in, the water’s great!!!
IGLA depends on your financial support to survive. Your membership dollars allow us to organize IGLA Championships; set rules and goals for Gay Games swimming, water polo and diving; and advocate for gay and lesbian teams, swimmers, and players.
And now it’s easier than ever to join using our online registration. Or if you prefer, you can simply fill out the registration form and mail it to the IGLA treasurer.
Representatives of member teams are allowed to vote at IGLA general meetings and participate in the organization’s policy-making process.
Joining IGLA gives you the following benefits:
- Wetnotes, our quarterly newsletter;
- Permission to reprint items from IGLA’s Newsletter, Wetnotes, in your team’s newsletter;
- A listing on our roster, circulated to all teams;
- Mailings from other IGLA teams with information about queer meets and tournaments around the world;
- Addition of your team’s name to the promotional list of teams on the web, an excellent recruiting resource;
- Access to a special e-mail list, open only to IGLA representatives, which we use for important internal announcements;
- Unlimited use of IGLA’s postal mailing list to spread the word about meets or tournaments you are hosting;
- Contacts in other IGLA teams to share and gather information about how to build and grow your team; and
- The ability to vote at IGLA meetings. The number of votes depends on the size of the team.
Most importantly, your membership dollars speak for your commitment to lesbian and gay aquatics.